USF Asian Alliance
ASIAN STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP
What is the AA Scholarship
The Asian Student
Scholarship is designed by the USF Asian Alliance (AA) to support undergraduate
students of Asian background who is
or has been accepted into the University of South Florida.
should apply for
Applicant must meet the following criteria for
• Applicant must be of Asian heritage.
• Applicant must be an undergraduate student in any department and college
• If applicant is a continuing student, s/he must have a minimum of 3.25
• If applicant is a first-time-in-college student, s/he must have 4.0 high
• Applicant must be enrolled full-time during the semester the award is
• Applicant who demonstrated financial needs may receive consideration.
• Scholarship recipients may not receive more than one scholarship award.
Recipients of Scholarship
• Anand Bhat (Mathematics, Senior)
David (Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Senior)
How to Donate
Please become a
supporter of the USF Asian students!
Go to Step-by-Step Instruction for donation
• Donate through the USF Foundation Website, or
• Print this donation form to donate:
How to Apply the Scholarship
Please enclose the following items in your application
• Completed Application Form:
• One page essay on ONE of the following topics (Write on the Application
Why do you believe that it would be important to
keep your Asian traditions in the United States?
to USF community can you make as a student with Asian background?
• A copy of your most recent transcript.
applications and all supporting documents should be submitted
to the Scholarship Committee Chair, and must be
received (not postmarked)
no later than June 15th or December 15th before the following academic
The Committee Chair will receive the completed
Application Packages by June 15th or December 15th before the following
The Scholarship Committee members will review the applications
and submit recommendations for scholarship recipients to the
The Committee will select final candidates.
The Committee Chair will notify the final candidates.
check will be distributed to the recipient
as a new semester starts. Proof of enrollment for
the following semester at
be provided to the Scholarship Committee before check is distributed
to the recipient.
A $500 scholarship will be awarded to each recipient.
The number of recipients will be determined by the Scholarship
based on the available Scholarship Fund. The Scholarship
authority to award additional scholarships as authorized
by the AA Committee.
In the event that no applicants satisfy the
criteria and factors in a given semester,
no scholarship will be awarded, with the
to grant additional scholarships the following
The Scholarship Committee Chair must receive (not postmarked)
the completed application packages by June 15th or December 15th. If
you have any further questions, please contact the Chair of the Scholarship
Committee. Completed application packages may be sent by mail to the
Nahyun Kwon, Ph.D.
Chair of the Asian Alliance Scholarship Committee
Library & Information Science
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave. CIS 2031
Tampa, FL 33620